Sunday, September 13, 2009

Swine Flu :(

Aren't my little men so doggon cute! It melts my heart! They have been through a TON and thank goodness they were both too tired to get a picture of me! I have been a mess! Trying to keep the household somewhat organized and clean, working, and taking care of my family has been a little much this past week.

Poor Tyler and Connor were sooo tired! It has been quite a week. Let me fill you in on the crazieness I have had to face alone because Tyler has been at his uncle's helping out at the farm!


So, on Tuesday or Wednesday, Connor started comming down with something. The next day he got pretty sick, he couldn't sleep unless on my chest so he was propped up enough to breathe. It was breaking my heart! I got really frustrated because it seemed I couldn't make it any better, no matter what I did:( I got a call from a good friend of mine and she asked how I was doing, and I told her how Connor wasn't doing too well, etc, etc. She said I should take him to the Dr. with this outbreak of the Swine Flu happening all around us. She then told me that she has been babysitting a little girl whose Father has just found out he has a confirmed case of the Swine Flu! (I had watched her kids a few days earlier, neither of us knowing of the exposure).

So, yeah, I called Connor's Doctor, and we went right in. After checking him out, the Doc said that the poor boy has a double ear infection, and becaues of his symptoms and his exposure to it, we are treating this like a case of the Swine Flu, as there is nothing different in treating it. So, here are some pictures of my little Swine, poor guy. He has been so good considering how tired he is and that he has such a rough time breathing:( We had to miss my neice's baptism too as we didn't want to spread this nasty virus to anyone else. Connor is feeling much better now, and we go to see the doctor tomorrow morning to make sure he is making some progress. The one picture, by the way, of of Connor and his nebulizor (yeah, I don't know if that is how you spell itor now, but I figure you all will get it! Sound it out;) ) and some of Connor and his Daddy totally zonked out on the couch. So, here is my little nebulized swine;)





3 comments:

Britta Jo said...

Sara! Why do you not call me?! I feel bad for you, and I feel even worse that I didn't know! I suppose it's my fault for not calling you...I'm sorry.

I'm also feeling sad that we're missing Abby's baptism. I wish we could have been there.

Love you!

The Dilg Clan said...

Oh Britta! We JUST found out on Friday. So yeah, no going to Ab's baptism for us either:( I should have called, sorry. We are stuck doing the nebulizer, antibiotics, ear drops, etc. I'm tired to say the least, but I still should have called, sorry:( I'll do better, honest! I love you too!! I hope to see you soooooonnnn!!

Peggy said...

Cute pictures, bad situation! He is a tough little guy and taking it like a man. You are a good Mom, sorry you have to be alone. We missed you and Britta at the baptism, I have pictures!!!