Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Little Connor

Oh my!! So I have been hounded by my family to update this with our news. I had an OB appointment on the 17th of December and called to tell mom that I was going to demand that the Dr. induce me cause I was sick of being sick. I hadn't been able to keep anything down for days. So, I went to the Dr. and he heard my symptoms, and said "lets get this baby out!" I didn't ask, or anything, so I was freaked out. I didn't think, even if I asked, that the Dr would induce me that day! ARGH! My blood pressure was elevated and not being able to keep food down really wasn't helping with the diabetes. So, they induced me. I had called Mom and Dad to tell them I was being admitted into the hospital. They drove right up and stayed here in town. I was in active labor the next day (the 18th) and pushed him out. He had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and the dr kept saying we might need to do a C-Section because the baby wasn't taking labor well. In the end, I pushed him out (much to my dismay, I was ready to give up and mom and Tyler kept encouraging me). He was 6lbs 6oz. He was rushed to the NICU because of my health history, his being preterm, and the cord being wrapped around his neck and such. Everything was well, but he did get jaundiced, so we had to stay in the hospital for a week. We came home Christmas Eve. He is the sweetest little guy ever. I love him so much!! We are all doing well. The video is of Tyler tickling poor Connors toes, and Connor doesn't really like it. His daddy thought it was pretty amusing though!!

2 comments:

Pierce Family said...

Congrats!! What a little cutie!

Marrian said...

Congratulations on the cute little baby!!!!
I'm so happy to hear that everything is fine with you both. It's amazing how these little ones show us the depth of love we are capable of having.